Saturday, June 29, 2013

Time Well Spent!

Here we are again at the end of yet another journey, except this one of course is our final and last one together.  And while it is a tremendous accomplishment, and we should all feel a great sense of pride, I still can't help but feel it is bittersweet.  To pinpoint just three specific learning's from this program is extremely difficult, and that is because I feel what I have learned is endless, as well as indescribable.  But what I do know is that because of what I have learned throughout this program, I am a definitely a better person, and even more so a better professional in this early childhood field.

So to you Dr. Teri, as well as my distinguished colleagues, I say it has truly been a great, as well as inspiring experience.  An experience that I shall never forget, and most importantly has touched me in a way that I never thought it would.  When I first began this program almost two years ago, I never could have ever imagined that I would feel so connected and inspired by a group of individuals that I have never physically met, or for that matter would probably never meet.  But yet it still happened, with some of you the connection was stronger than others, but still the connection was made.  And now we are at the point where we must say our farewells once and for all, and it is a task that is far more difficult then I could ever have imagined.  So to all of you, I want to say farewell, and I wish you all the luck in the future in whatever path you choose to take, and I know each and every one of you will succeed triumphantly and do great things in the field.


As I now reflect on all I have learned and gained throughout this program there are definitely some things that do stand out, especially when it comes to importance of establishing long-lasting relationships with other colleagues and professionals in the field.  And that is because I have learned it it these strong individuals that not only keep us connected and grounded to this vast and wonderful field, but they are also the ones who help us see things that we might not seen before, or for that matter maybe see things in a completely new and different light.

                           Always walk through life as if you have                                                         something new to learn, and you will.
                                       Vernon Howard

                                                     
Another aspect of learning that really stood out for me throughout this program was the extreme importance of sustaining our passion for this field.  And that is because it is this passion that drove us in the first place, and it that same passion that now as enabled us to successfully complete this program.  For me both personally and professionally that passion lies with my strong beliefs and convictions of making a difference in the lives of all the children, families, and potential early childhood professionals that I will meet and work with throughout my career.  Even though there has been a lot of positive changes in the early childhood field, I still think there is still a lot of work to be done.  But what I discovered through my journey here at Walden is that this is definitely other professionals who feel as I do, who also have that same drive and passion, and together united we can accomplish great things in the early childhood field.

If I was to commit to one long-term goal, it would be stay focused on my challenge of incorporating the Cultural Diversity that is missing from a lot of the curriculum's in not only Head-start schools, but in all Pre-Schools here in CaliforniaIt has been through this challenge of working with one small Head-start school that I realize just how much impact one person can have, so just think how greater impact we can have as one united front.  And through the course of our weekly discussion forums with you Dr.  Teri, as well as my distinguished colleagues, I discovered just how similar a lot of our challenges were, and in some cases even the passions that drive us.  So for me a spark has definitely been ignited and I will pursue this challenge, with the hopes of truly making a difference in this field.   

  
 
[SDC10494+%282%29.jpg]     My Loving Family
                                                         

                                                                  





                                         My Work Family



                                                                    



No comments:

Post a Comment